If you have a young child, he or she might have a minky blanket. A minky blanket is a super soft blanket made out of 100% high-quality polyester that gives it a plush and ultra-soft feel. Kids and adults alike love these custom blankets, because they are comfortable and help promote deep sleep. Even pets love them.
Why do dogs like minky blankets? Because they have a fluffy, velvet-like feel, making them ideal for dogs and other animals that spend a lot of time sleeping. Once you try a minky blanket yourself, you’ll never want another type of blanket. Doesn’t your dog deserve one too? Learn more about these custom blankets and why you should consider ordering one for your dog, cat, or other furry friend.
Why Do Dogs Like Fluffy Blankets?
- They’re warm. Dogs use their paws to tell the temperature of a surface. They don’t want to sleep on the cold, hard ground during winter. Do you blame them? Plus, cool temperatures can cause pain in your dog’s joints. Consider getting your beloved pet a custom blanket, instead.
- They have a familiar smell. Dogs tend to like certain blankets because they have a certain smell. It could be from their mother or owner. The scent helps calm them and reduce anxiety.
- They provide security. Babies like to be swaddled in blankets because it reminds them of the familiarity of being in their mother’s womb. A blanket will often provide the same sense of security to a young pup who has just been separated from his or her mother.
- They’re like a den. If your dog likes blankets, blame it on their genes. Your dog’s ancestors were born and raised in a maternal den. This shelter protected them from predators and other dangers since newborn puppies are born blind, deaf, and immobile. Your dog probably equates the blanket to a maternal den.
Why Get a Minky Blanket
- Variety of sizes. While minky blankets are typically made for humans—particularly children—there’s no doubt that your furry friend would love one as well. Minky blankets come in various sizes. The most standard ones are 30” x 36”, 36” x 60”, 60” x 72”, and 60” x 82”.
- Comfort. Dogs sleep 12-14 hours a day. Puppies sleep even more—up to 20 hours a day. A minky blanket is super soft and provides your dog with the comfort it needs to rest, grow, and reserve his or her energy to play with you. Minky blankets are moderately heavy, so your dog won’t be sleeping on a thin bed.
- Protect your furniture. Keep your dogs off the couch and bed with a minky blanket. These custom blankets are great if you want to protect your furniture and comforters. You can even bring them in the car with you; they’re great for long car rides. Plus, if they get too dirty, they are machine washable.
- High quality. Minky blankets can be expensive, but they’re worth it. They are constructed with high-quality materials and workmanship, so you don’t have to worry about them coming apart after a few uses. Their texture or color won’t change, and they’ll keep your pooch warm and comfortable for many years.
Can You Wash a Minky Blanket?
Many people think you can’t wash a minky blanket, so they are hesitant to buy one for their dogs. However, that is a myth. You can wash a minky blanket, but it needs to be done very carefully. There can be no heat at all, so you have to wash it in cold water, with no fabric softener. Hang it to dry and then put it in the dryer on an air setting only; this will fluff up the minky blanket. Again, do not use the heat of the dryer or it will ruin it.
Contact Us Today
Now that you know why dogs like blankets, you should get your pet the very best. Minky blankets are known for their durability, softness, and quality; you won’t be disappointed. Visit Sew Sweet Minky Designs today to order a custom blanket for your dog, cat, or another furry friend.