Make the transition from Summer to Fall a smooth one.
So we all know the term “Spring Cleaning”, but I have come to realize that there is also a huge shift for most people when Fall comes around too.
We start changing the decor in our homes, we break out our cute little booties, and sweaters ready for that crisp fall air and many of us change our bedding or throw blankets as well.
Did you know that Minky can be used seasonally as well? If you didn’t, you do now! Minky has a wide variety of pile sizes and densities, that give you the extra weight, or warmth you may be looking for when those colder months roll around. This doesn’t mean your Silky Smooth Minky won’t do the trick, it really is a personal preference, but I love swapping my summertime Minky (my personal favorite in the summer is Forrest Fox) for something a little fluffier, or heavier when the seasons change.
So now you’re asking yourself, “What is a good Fall/Winter Minky?” That is where we come in… here to help you with some amazing suggestions on not only the fabrics that we love for fall and winter, but also some amazing colors that will put you in Pumpkin Spice mode just by seeing them! Go grab your favorite warm beverage and get settled in to review our favorite cold weather Minkies.
Let's start with the fall fabrics we can’t live without. When the colder temps start popping up on the thermostat we break out these fabrics; with so many fabrics to choose from, this could have been a 5 page list, but we narrowed it down to our top 5.
- Seal: Seal In any of its variations is always a great one to give you some extra weight, and puffy softness. The thick pile of seal isn’t going to make you too warm, it is going to give you the extra weight you may be looking for in the cold months, but not overheat you.
- Wild Rabbit and Glacier: These two are tied for us, with similar pile lengths, these beautiful fluffy minkies give that extra bit of minky to run your fingers through, but also create an ultra cozy medium weight to help keep you warm and comforted all fall and winter long.
- Arctic Owl: This fabric is relatively new, but is already making a huge impact on our fall transition decision. This ultra thick fabric is not only double the pile of seal, but it has the perfect blend of fluffy and puffy fibers, this amazing minky will keep even the coldest of sleepers nice and toasty.
- Vienna: This unique luxurious fabric is embossed with ridges that give it an elegant look that we swoon over, but we also love it for its 700 gram weight. This amazing fabric is going to give you a blanket that is perfect for those who want a lush blanket that is also versatile enough to take on the go.
- Arctic Lynx: This year round popular fabric is one of our fall favorites for its beautiful colors, and fluffy texture but similar to Wild Rabbit and Glacier, it is going to give those not cold, and not hot sleepers a nice middle ground. The oh-so soft texture and light fluffy embossed texture is going to be the perfect sleeping companion for our in between hot and cold sleepers.
So we have found the fabrics (well some… but there are sooo many to choose from) now let's talk about the colors we love to transition from the bright beautiful colors of summer, and into the earthy tones of fall and candy coated colors of winter.
I am going to kick it off with the earth tones that I love so much in fall. The beautiful color of Navy as the sky starts to darken a little earlier each day. Gold, Merlot and Plum remind me of the change of the leaves as they lightly fall from the trees. Basil and Sage as our dark green grass from summer starts to fade ready for winter snow, and the beautiful Taupes and Browns that tie it all together creating a perfect fall pallet of color.
At times the colors of fall change within our homes as quickly as the leaves on the trees did, and we find ourselves preparing our winter decor. We love to get the winter colors out and on display. The beautiful Snow colors, Cardinal Reds, and Emerald Greens definitely bring that holiday spirit to any decor, but we love adding shades of Grey/Silver, and Icy Blues to round out the winter feel in our decor.
We can’t wait to see what fall and winter Minky Blankets you choose to style your home with this year, and look forward to wrapping up in our blankets and snuggling with those we love this fall and winter.